Sunday, January 13, 2013

Anti-Wrinkle Face Oil

So gosh. Apparently I'm going to be 30 in like, one and a half years. That must mean I'm going to get wrinkles soon. Haha. Totally joking. Well not totally. But most people still think I'm 18 so apparently I have good genes. Thanks, Mom! Maybe that has something to do with my height, though...either way. 

ANYWAY...all women eventually get wrinkles. But I'm determined to push that off as long as possible. I've been using my own homemade face oils for maybe about 2 years? I'm continually tweaking my recipes but this is my current one that I really like. I use it morning and evening. I used to have an AM and a PM oil but I got lazy and created just one. 

Anti-Wrinkle Face Oil

Fennel 5%
Frankincense 5%
Myrrh 5%
Peppermint 5%
Sandalwood 10%
Rosemary 20%
Palmarosa 30%
Carrot Seed 20%

Benefits:

Fennel: Cleanses, detoxifies, revitalizes

Frankincense: Anti-aging, fights against wrinkles

Myrrh: Anti-aging, fights against wrinkles, antiinflammatory

Peppermint: Acne, dermatitis

Sandalwood: Acne, healing, soothing, moisturizing

Rosemary: Acne, antiseptic, cell regenerator, regulates sebaceous glands, anti-aging, fights against wrinkles

Palmarosa: Acne, dermatitis, antiseptic, cell regenerator

Carrot seed: Dermatitis, premature aging, skin irritations, wrinkles

The Recipe:

In a small glass bottle combine the following: (this combination makes a synergy.) 

5 drops fennel
5 drops frankincense
5 drops myrrh
5 drops peppermint
10 drops sandalwood
20 drops rosemary
30 drops palmarosa
20 drops carrot seed

In another small bottle (1 use 1/2 oz glass bottle with a dropper) pour in:

2 tsp. evening primrose oil
2 tsp. jojoba oil
20 drops of the above blend (synergy)

Tighten on the cap, label, date and then gently roll between  your hands to evenly combine all the oils. 

To use: after washing your face and patting dry, gently rub on with your fingers about 5 drops of the face oil to your face and neck. I use about 5 or 6 drops. A little really does go a long way so don't over do it! 





Bethany
|

Disclaimer:
In order to protect myself from people who might take any information I have written out of context or use it in any way I do not intend...I must say the following: I am NOT a doctor. I take no responsibility for what you do or not do with any information I have written. My opinions and writings should not take the place of a  doctor...consult one of those if you need medical advice. Pretty much...please use common sense and I strongly suggest you do your own research as well. It's empowering!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! It's fun knowing you are reading my blog. :)