Monday, November 2, 2015

Gingersnap Coffee Creamer


So there's Starbucks. And then there's homemade. I'm not gonna lie--if you are used to super sugared up, fakey tasting coffee (hey--I don't judge, sometimes I totally indulge) then the flavor of the homemade version may take some getting used to. However, I guarantee that your taste buds will adapt and you will fall in love with this stuff. 

For the full list of homemade coffee creamers click here


Sweetened Condensed Milk:
  • 1/2 cup very hot water
  • 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2/3 cup powdered milk
  • 1/3 cup coconut sugar
Pour all the above ingredients into a blender and blend briefly until combined. I find it blends the best if you add the hot water and melted coconut oil in first. Once it's all mixed together add in the following and briefly blend again:

Flavor:
  • 12 ounces coconut milk
  • 1/8 cup blackstrap molasses
  • 4 drops ginger essential oil
  • 2 drops clove essential oil
  • 2 drops cinnamon essential oil
Once everything is blended nicely, store in a glass jar (a quart mason works well) and place in the fridge. Not exactly sure on the shelf life because I generally drink mine up within 2 weeks. If you are not sure you can use it that fast, I have successfully frozen the creamer!

**Remember to use high quality essential oils! Organic is best. Also, please do some research to make sure that you are comfortable ingesting essential oils in this way especially if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.

This makes a super delightful, rich and creamy coffee creamer. Some of the substitutions you can make are as follows but bear in mind that these substitutions will alter the taste/consistency/nutrition. Not necessarily a bad thing, just letting you know!



Sweetened condensed milk:
  • Store bought sweetened condensed milk
Coconut oil substitutions:
  • Butter
  • Non-dairy butter
Powdered milk substitutions:
  • Powdered rice milk 
  • Powdered coconut milk
(I have not personally tried these, I'm just guessing they would work!)

Coconut sugar substitutions:
  • Regular cane sugar
  • Organic cane sugar
  • Brown sugar
Coconut milk substitutions:
  • Milk (your choice, dairy or non dairy)
  • Heavy whipping cream 


I'm sure there are other substitutions you could make if you so desire, these are just a few options to get you started. 

I hope you enjoy and cheers to a delicious cup of coffee!!

***For additional flavors please click here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! It's fun knowing you are reading my blog. :)